Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!! 2014!

Hey! Hope you all had a great Holiday break. I certainly enjoyed my vacation.

Chile is a BEAUTIFUL country and they have good looking people. I had soo much fun!! It was summer there so I definitely got a tan. My parents and I first stopped at Easter Island or Rapa Nui (as the locals call it). Got to see the famous 15 Moai's (heads). It was soo much like Hawaii. I basically called it Hawaii. The scenery, weather, friendly and tan people. The food was amazing! I had pretty good ceviche, with lots of lemon, of course. This is just one of the types of ceviche I had. Chile is known for their seafood, and it's soo cheap, but more specifically it's FRESH! Yumm :)



Iconic Easter Island Moai's!!

We then went to Punta Arenas. It's in the southern tip of Chile, very close to Antarctica. 

Here I am flying over Punta Arenas.

Magdalena Island

Here is a family of penguins in their burrow.

Then we went to Torres Del Paine.
There it is in the background. And no they are not llamas or deer. They're called "Guanacos." 

Then we flew to Antofagasta and visited, Valentina. The exchange student my parents and I hosted back in my junior year of high school. We got to meet her family, see where she lives and her city. It's next to the ocean. So many beaches!! :) My parents stayed at her house for a few days. Had some home cooked meals :D It was a fun experience. 



Our last stop, Santiago, before we had to go home back to the states. 
Part of the Plaza de Armas. They were changing the guard. Reminds me of London!!

Alpaca!! Just outside the seafood market. :)

Last seafood meal of the trip! So FRESH. So DELICIOUS! :)


We also stopped by Vina del Mar & Valparaiso!

Overall, BEAUTIFUL country. Want to go back! Still have to see the Atacama Desert. Delicious seafood that my parents and I definitely gorged on. Great sites!










No comments:

Post a Comment