Tuesday, January 28, 2014

ECUADOR

Hello!

I'm off on another adventure! This one's different.

Most of my year off, is for traveling! So, the big trip is going to Ecuador for about 4 months, volunteering. You can read more about what I'm doing here.

I pay for the flight and pocket money. I will have 3 meals a day and free lodging (with a Host Family!!). We have lots of little excursions available to us, like salsa dancing, Spanish lessons (I'm pretty good at it though), a cooking class, going to the equator line, the Galapagos Islands!! :D

I'm so excited!! I leave NEXT WEEKEND! This isn't the first time traveling abroad without my parents, but being away from them this long. I'm actually not scared. I'm really looking forward. I know I will have fun. I will have to be responsible and independent. This is practice for when I go out of state for college.

I'm trying to get everything I need ready, before next Saturday. Vaccination, Medications, clothes, shoes, shampoo, lotion, body wash.... the essentials. All to last me until May... I might need a bigger suitcase!

I just got the information on my host family. - Very exciting! And that there is another volunteer there too! From Canada. She's about my age and there for the same duration! - ENGLISH!! :D

Wish me luck!

xoxo,
Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment