Sunday, July 28, 2013

Ultimate Fighting Champion...!

Now that I got your attention...

This week was super hectic! 

So as my regular schedule job. I worked at SKIPP with the kiddos M-Th. 

Took off Friday morning for Seattle! My third volunteer opportunity of the summer, with Seafair. 

Started my shift at 2 and went to 6pm. I met a great group of girls who were working as interns. They were all going into their senior year of college at WSU and one from UW, all majoring in either, Marketing, Comm or PR. - I want to major in PR! We had a lot of common interests off the bat and they gave me some great advice for getting PR experience. 

Saturday, I had another shift, but working at the Seattle Center. My legs got so tired from standing up the whole time. My job position was "packet pick-up" as the pre-registered runners from the Torchlight run would come pick up their "packet." I would find their name through all of the names, organized alphabetically by last A-Z. It took me a while sometimes and lots of asking to repeat or spell the last name. - Who knew there were so many "Olson" & "Miller" 's in this world!? 

       After I was relieved from my shift. I got to enjoy the fair. I watched the Torchlight parade and met UFC Ronda Rousey!! I waited in line for 30 mins., amongst some mid-20 year old guys who looked at me like "does she even know who she is?!" with their bro tanks on and their arms tatted up. She is really nice and has a really chill vibe to her. It was an honor. 

Overall, fun weekend! And got lots of pictures and shirts to remember it all! Check out my photos on my  Flickr account! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment