Friday, March 30, 2012

Exploring Photo Composition Rules

I plan to explore some photographic compositional rules. I will find an example of a rule at Flickr.com and try to copy the images on campus with the class digital camera.  I will publish the example images and my imitations on my Flickr.com account.  I will also write a short explanation about each image at flickr.com.  Through my work I will learn more about:
  • F-stop
  • Shutter speed
  • Exposure
  • Compositional Rules
    • The Rule of Thirds
    • Balance
    • Framing
    • Use lines
    • Avoid Mergers
    • Simplicity
But mostly, I am going to enter the Washington State Photo contest entering the most that is possible, with six (6) photos and the CHS photo contest with (2) photos MAX. So, I will be working on choosing photos for the contest that I have taken within this school year.


EXAMPLE:
  • Research the rules
  • Find and save Creative Commons examples of each rule on Flickr.com
  • Take pictures
  • Download pictures
  • Upload my pictures to Flickr.com
  • Upload examples I found
  • Write explanations



No comments:

Post a Comment